For my Ophiuchus Shaina cosplay mask I bought a regular $4 dollar black mask from Party City or you can also try amazon. What you’re going to need:
- Basic Mask
- Plastic Dip
- Acrylic purple paint
- Silver Spray Paint
- Paint Brush
- First, Shaina’s mask goes only on top of her face it shouldn’t cover the side, the mask you bought at Party City might cover the entire face therefore we need to cut those edges, using the scissors cut the the edge of the mask and keep the leftovers (we’ll use it afterwards)
- Cut the leftovers of the edges of the mask to create round shapes of her eyes and 1 small piece to cover the hole in the mouth, remember that shaina’s mask it’s completely seal (Of course you won’t be able to see when you have it on therefore just put it on when they want to take you a picture)
- Glue the eyes shape on the eye holes of the mask you can use super glue or the glue gun just be careful not to burn yourself.
- Glue the other plastic part on the mouth and nose holes inside the mask.
- Wait until it dries.
- Spray 1 or 2 coats of Plastic Dip before the silver spray paint and let it dry.
- 2 or 3 coats of silver paint using the silver spray paint and let it dry.
- Now this is the tricky part, using your pencil first draw Shaina’s mask design on the mask.
- Using the paint brush and the acrylic paint, paint the pattern design you just draw on the previous step.
- Let it dry and your Shaina’s mask it’s ready!
I hope this tutorial is helpful and if you have any comments, or suggestions let me know on the comments. Thank you !